Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Too Faced Pretty Rebel Essentials Kit


 I owned one Too Faced product before and that was their Lash Injection mascara a number of years ago, and I hated it. The tubes just weren't as easy as they said it would be to wash off and I found it difficult of build. This unfortunately turned me off from the company altogether.

Recently, I picked up their Pretty Rebel Essentials kit because I thought it would be a good sampling of products from the brand for a decent price. The kit includes an eye shadow quad, waterproof eyeliner, lip gloss, bronzer/blush duo and that same Lash Injection mascara. All of this was only $55 at Made You Blush, a local make-up store in Fredericton, New Brunswick.

I have to say, for the most part, I love this kit. I use the Chocolate Soleil bronzer (which smells amazing!) and Papa Don't Peach blush just about everyday. The gloss is a bit sticky for my taste, but it smells like bananas which means I can't put it down. The eye shadow quad is a perfect combo allowing for simple every day looks to dramatic night looks. The colour 'Girly' is an exciting red-brown with shots of iridescent green throughout. The eyeliner is definitely waterproof, however make sure you let that bad boy set for a good few minutes because it is super creamy and smudge-able!
blush, bronzer, eyeliner (ignore other swatches)

eye shadows in Dainty, Charming, Ringleader and Girly

And lastly, that mascara that I was not thrilled to try again, I fell in love with! I don't know if they changed their formula or if I just needed more practice with this type of mascara but I am crazy about this Lash Injection mascara. It gives great length with one coat, and it totally build-able and gives decent volume. I've even had make-up freaks ask me if I was wearing falsies with just this mascara on!

All in all, I am really impressed with Too Faced and plan on trying out some more of their products, any recommendations?

If you would like to purchase this kit, you can find it online here for only $45!!
http://www.beauty.com/too-faced-pretty-rebel-essentials/qxp493665

Cheers,
Sara

Check out my video on this post HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment